Monday, June 29, 2009

Old Bag Gets ProActive!



Considering the measure of moisture out there describing today's activities as 'dusting myself off' is sort of, well, laughable. However I have completed the metaphorical dust off and have set my stubborn little noggin in an onward and upward direction. Good grief, what a sentence.

In any event today involved purchase of Surround, the kaolin clay spray, as suggested by her Wonderfulness, El. That got me started off properly with a game plan of attack for the despised Japanese beetles. I am excited to try it.

Add to that donation of about 30 lbs of frozen blueberries to food bank, (not so much true altruism as I need freezer space for the one thing that have never disappointed here, blueberries. Lots of them/Always). This years crop looks to be magnificent and right on schedule.

Add to that a new grape vine,
Catabwa ,tiny grapes included. Please don't ask where I eventually planted it as the future pergola that will support it is as yet only a figment of my imagination. But it's in the ground and I heard it go 'Ahhhh' as it shed it's plastic pot.

Add a bit of re-stocking of some pumpkin and squash from 'work' where they've been growing on unmolested in big greenhouse and I righted a bit of my cockeyed Vermont veggie world.

So, today's lesson...Never Give Up.


oh, oh I also wanted to add that I'll be making a list of seeds I'm happy to share with anyone interested, mostly flowers but we'll see what happens with the plants as the season progresses. Pinkies crossed.

2 comments:

El said...

Yay! Big bag of clay = little purple pill for Vermont Gardener! Make sure you spray that poor little grape vine: grapes and my poor roses are the bugs' primary target around here.

I am game for your seed trade, too, but I fear it will be a while before I get motivated to put my list on the blog. Do keep me in mind though. Was it purple favas you had that I was lusting after?

randi said...

Thanks again El, what would I do without you? You are welcome to anything seedy I have..This is my first year growing favas,(and many other things), but it looks like the crimson flowering type I tracked down after seeing the flowers on an English blog are beginning to bean up. I'm also growing the Joe Blow green variety..anyhoo, crimson heading your way for sure.