Tuesday, March 10, 2009

goji berries


Lots of things beginning to green up in the shack despite the cold, grim days. Kohlrabi, Kale, Lettuce, Pak Choi, SweetPeas, Spinach, Beets and then out of the corner of my eye I spy a sign of green in the goji berries flat, signs of life indeed. What a kick. I bought a pack of dried goji berries last June for about $10, which I thought even if they tasted like fill-in-the-blank could not merit the price. Of course I'd been reading and listening to the hype about them so my curiosity was piqued. Had to try them. They're ok. Just. Something I would not mind having a few handfuls around but only if I could harvest them myself. So I gave it a whirl. It's early days yet but what the heck? Need to do more reading and find a little corner for them somewhere and we shall see what we shall see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent post! I am a huge fan of goji berry too. I used to spend a lot unnecessarily on expensive diet programs but now I know better. Thanks for sharing this information with us.