Tuesday, April 28, 2009

time springs


Lots and lots of thoughts about bloggishness but not enough oommphh to jot down a couple sentences.
My time's been spent divided between the world of commercial greenhouses and my little permaculture experiment here at home. It's been an exhaustingly wonderful couple weeks watching life do it's thing in hyperdrive.
When I've thought of this neglected blog I veered from putting it in the category of necessary guilt inducing chore, that's not why it came into being. Had the Radish has simply come to be something of an aide, a helper, a reminder, a chronicle. However I discover it will never be an official 'how-to', I haven't the expertise and gardening is so often peculiar to one's geographic little niche and each property has it's own microclimates.

BUT I do find myself thinking pretty deeply about things like zealotry, patience, you know, big picture stuff...I need to learn the 'how to's' and thankfully my cup runneth over with access to so many great blogs and gardening sites but I find myself most touched when my favorite writers cannot help but pull their clearly defined philosophies into their words. It heartens me to know there are so many others living what I would consider an authentic life. I would not describe myself as hopeful insomuch as my worldview is little other than grim but personally, quietly I find a bit of optimism in my gardens.

No comments: